My Grandmother taught me to look to God for the answers to everything. These posts are things she taught me and things that I have learned on my own...
For my Grandchildren, Karina, Gavin, Ethan and Cory. I love you very much
“Only take care, and keep your soul diligently, lest you forget the things that your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. Make them known to your children and your children's children—Deuteronomy 4:9

Monday, January 17, 2011

Head Colds



This is the season for stuffy heads and noses. It can make your day miserable! Try this....

1. Use Saline Spray in each nostril at least once a day. This will help cut down the likelihood of you catching a head cold.

2. If you get a head cold. Put a pot onto simmer with about 3 quarts of water and a cup of vinegar.
Let simmer all day. Putting moisture in the air helps sooth mucus membranes.

3. Boil a couple cups of water and put in a heavy bowl (I use a large stoneware bowl), add a little vinegar and peppermint tea leaves. Lean your head over the bowl and cover your head and bowl with a towel so you can breath in the steam. (Be CAREFUL, that the water is not too hot and that the bowl is very stable. )

No comments:

Post a Comment