My Grandmother taught me to look to God for the answers to everything. These posts are things she taught me and things that I have learned on my own...
For my Grandchildren, Karina, Gavin, Ethan and Cory. I love you very much
“Only take care, and keep your soul diligently, lest you forget the things that your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. Make them known to your children and your children's children—Deuteronomy 4:9

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Laundry Sprinkler



I remember these. I would help Mom or Grandma sprinkle the clothes. Mom took in ironing to make a little extra money.
I grew up ironing and still love to iron.

Below is a story someone emailed me and I thought I'd share it with you.
MEMORIES from a friend :
My Dad is cleaning out my grandmother's house (she died in December) and he brought me an old Royal Crown Cola bottle. In the bottle top was a stopper with a bunch of holes in it.. I knew immediately what it was, but my daughter had no idea.. She thought they had tried to make it a salt shaker or something. I knew it as the bottle that sat on the end of the ironing board to 'sprinkle' clothes with because we didn't have steam irons.

No comments:

Post a Comment